The Calima Board and Senior Management comprise a highly successful and experienced team with a history of generating shareholder value.
GLENN WHIDDON (CHAIRMAN)
Mr Whiddon has an extensive background in equity capital markets, banking and corporate advisory, with a specific focus on natural resources. Mr Whiddon holds a degree in Economics and has extensive corporate and management experience. He is currently Director of a number of Australian and international public listed companies in the resources sector.
Mr Whiddon was formerly Executive Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of Grove Energy Limited, a European and Mediterranean oil and gas exploration and development company, with operations in Italy, Romania, Slovenia, Tunisia and the UK and Dutch North Seas. In 2002 Grove’s Market capitalisation was less than C$5 million. In April 2007, Grove was acquired by Stratic Energy Limited, a TSX-listed oil and gas company, for C$150 milliion.
ALAN STEIN (NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR)
Dr Stein has more than 25 years’ experience in the international oil and gas industry. He was one of the founding partners of the geoscience consultancy IKODA Limited based in London and Perth and was the founding Managing Director of Fusion Oil & Gas plc and Ophir Energy plc. Fusion was listed on the UK AIM market in 2000 and made several discoveries offshore Mauritania before being sold in 2003. In early 2004, following the sale of Fusion, Dr Stein, together with Mr Jonathan Taylor, was one of the two founding executive directors of Ophir Energy plc. He held the position of Managing Director until 2011. Ophir was involved in several discoveries offshore Equatorial Guinea and Tanzania discovering more than 18 trillion cubic feet of gas.
Dr Stein is currently the Non-Executive Chairman of Hanno Resources Ltd and Sea Captaur Limited and is a Non-Executive Director of Bahari Holding Company Limited.
BRETT LAWRENCE (NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR)
Mr Lawrence is a 15-year veteran of the oil and gas industry and holds a Master of Petroleum Engineering, a Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) and Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) from Curtin University in Western Australia. Mr Lawrence worked with Apache Energy for over eight years, performing roles in drilling engineering, reservoir engineering, project development and commercial management and has held senior roles in the commercial, financial and corporate arenas with various ASX listed public companies.
MARK FREEMAN (CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER)
A Chartered Accountant with more than 20 years’ experience in corporate finance and the resources industry. He has experience in strategic planning, business development, mergers and acquisitions, North American gas commercialisation, and project development general management. Mr Freeman has worked with a number of successful public resource companies and since 2015 has been providing strategic advice to TSV Montney Limited. A graduate of the University of Western Australia with a Bachelor of Commerce Mr Freeman also holds a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance from the Securities Institute of Australia.
MICHEAL DOBOVICH (PRESIDENT, CANADA)
- Micheal, based in Calgary, assumed the role of President of Calima Energy (previously Country Manager) in March 2020 and a key part of the management team since 2017
- Led the operationalization of Calima during the 2019 drilling campaign and most recently the acquisition of the Tommy Lakes Facilities
- Managed the corporate aspects of the Canadian entity ensuring strong HS&E and social governance
- Significant experience in Canadian E&P, previously a senior executive with Statoil Canada
- Micheal has worked multiple basins in North America for over 20 years with a background in land, regulatory, indigenous relations and commercial activities
AARON BAUER (OPERATIONS MANAGER)
- Petroleum Engineer >15 years in drilling and operations management in the Montney and other plays in Canada
- West Valley Energy, Caltex, Krang and Burlington Resources